3/16/2008

About Me

This blog is a little bit of everything.

I am a casual gamer and roleplayer. My first official tabletop game was Cyberpunk, when I was 10 years old. I started playing D&D when I was 12 and have continued to do so for the past decade and a half, or so. My natural gaming progression brought me to computer RPGs (mostly the old SSI D&D games!) which eventually lead to things like Warcraft, Starcraft, Ultima Online, and now World of Warcraft. There were other games before those, during those, and there will be other games after those.

As to World of Warcraft:

I'm a predominantly solo player. I play with a few friends, and we've pushed ourselves to some limits to enjoy the content with a little less than the recommended people. I have done some raiding - as part of a small (10-man) guild, and as a pick-up for friends' guilds. I don't study, but I'm a quick learner.

I avoid most guilds. The majority of WoW players I've experienced do not view guilds as a commitment, where I do. It's the same as joining any club or league. The members rely on each other being there - particularly if it is an active content oriented guild. As for Roleplaying Guilds? I've yet to find one that lives up to its own standards/rules. (If you are out there, I would love to know about you!)

I love to roleplay.

Gold. Gold is always a topic, but not one I want to focus on. There are plenty of other, better gold blogs out there. We'll suffice to say that I've done quite well applying a bit of common sense and a little entrepreneurial spirit.

No comments:

Archive